|Quality Technician - Nights||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 03/14/21|
Following management guidelines, performs high level audits of the manufacturing process, product, and facility compliance to ensure that standards of excellence are maintained during production and the execution of product shipment. At times work may be diversified regarding product specification developed through “Standard Operating Procedures” and will incorporate the inspection of product through all stages of production, to include review of raw materials, manufactured product, and finished product.
- Performs approval and final release of products based on customer specifications and instructions, and inter-company protocol.
- Perform First Article and Retention Sample digital comparisons to ensure copy integrity and correctness.
- Auditing of GMP, housekeeping and job ticket documentation.
- Ensure that sample inspections are completed accurately within specifications and within time frames established.
- Compile data for “Certificates of Compliance” and “Certificates of Analysis.”
- Identification of non-compliant product, documentation of testing results, segregation of material.
- Training employees and fellow team members on quality standards and procedures.
- Involves diverse and varied activities or functions (typically related to each other, requiring the planning and coordination with the work of others and directed by supervision).
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by supervisor, with priority-driven accuracy of completion.
- Perform receiving, in-process, final, and first article inspections on supplier material, in-process product and finished goods, utilizing all inspection equipment for required inspection operations. This includes material verification, design verification, tooling verification, and required laboratory testing.
- Perform measurement analysis and ensure conformity within the production processes, document testing data, complete detailed non-conforming product reports, resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner, recommend improvements to ensure quality control.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with advanced organizational skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High school education.
- Completion of post-secondary coursework and certification by the American Society for Quality is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience within the quality sector in a manufacturing setting.
- Education requires the application of mathematical and problem solving skills to test and assess recurrently the quality control systems to ensure conformity to internal and external AQL standards.
- Experience and understanding of LEAN manufacturing, Kaizen Events, and 8D strongly preferred
- Ability to read, write and interpret quality control audit plans and testing parameters for products.
- Ability to evaluate production stages and test the composition, appearance, and functionality of the completed product.
- Strong applied knowledge of MS Office, with proficiency in computer applications. Significant knowledge and use of Excel is required.