|Ink Technician||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 02/25/21|
- This position will organize and provides the ink(s) and dies for the press operations following procedures that have been previously established.
- Mix coating and inks utilizing scales and mixers with formulas that have been established through the computerized systems which provide accurate ink formulas and utilize ink dispensing equipment. Percent of time- 75%
- Possess a working knowledge of inks and dies and have ready prior to press setup and re-file upon completion of job. Percent of time- 20%
- Perform functions related to the bio-blast anilox cleaner and flexo wash unit. Percent of time- 5%
- Involves moderately diverse and varied activities or functions (typically related to each other), requiring the planning and coordination with the work of others.
- Performs work as assigned by others but the position sets priorities for assigned tasks.
- Responsibilities require daily/ weekly time frame dealing with events expected to occur during the course of a week or during any particular day.
- Impact of errors includes; press downtime, waste and customer receiving the product with wrong ink color creating returns or loss of customer.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each of the responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education in order to practice standardized work routines and operates simple equipment or machines. Experience required for the position is 0-3 months.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must possess ink computer system and calculator skills allowing for record keeping of jobs performed and hours worked.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Must possess integrity, communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.