|Seamer Operator||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 02/25/21|
- This position will verify that the product being shipped meets the standards set by the customer and CCL regarding quality and quantity by examining all labels in a timely manner that provides on time delivery to the customer.
- Position works independently seaming (welds) labels according to specifications provided by the customer and CCL; then places the product in numbers per roll according to the customer specification requiring strong attention to detail and packaging in the line. Percent of time 75%
- Perform set up on multiple pieces of complex equipment. Percent of time 10%
- Ability to perform minor maintenance on equipment without involving the maintenance department. Percent of time 5%
- Properly complete all documentation required on the computer and by hand to track the job. Percent of time 5%
- Involves moderately diverse and varied activities or functions.
- Perform work as assigned by others.
- Responsibilities require daily/weekly time frame dealing with the events expected to occur during the course of a week or during any particular day.
- Impact of errors include; dissatisfied customer, loss of customer and cost of labor to rework product or produce new.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education in order to practice standardized work routines and operates equipment or machines. Experience required for the position is 2-4 years.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must possess basic computer skills allowing for record keeping of jobs performed and hours worked.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Must possess integrity, communication and reasoning skill to provide a positive work environment.
- Will comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate in some manner either by speech, hearing or through written communication. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities is required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is rarely exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.