|Seamer Operator - Gravure Finishing||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 03/14/21|
- This position converts flat labels to sleeves through CCL’s seaming process, and will verify that products being shipped meet quality and quantity standards set by the customer and CCL in a time sensitive manner.
- Position works independently seaming labels according to specifications provided by the customer and CCL and then prepares labels for shipping according to customer specifications. This requires strong attention to detail. Percent of time 75%
- Performs set up procedures on multiple pieces of complex equipment. Percent of time 10%
- Performs minor maintenance. Percent of time 5%
- Properly completes all documentation required on the computer and by hand to track the job. Percent of time 5%
- Involves moderately diverse and varied activities or functions.
- Performs work as assigned by others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Possess basic computer skills allowing for accurate record keeping.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Must possess integrity, communication and reasoning skill.
- Will comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate in some manner either by speech, hearing or through written communication. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is rarely exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.