|Assistant Press Operator||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 03/14/21|
- This position assists the press operator in the safe operation of a printing press following CCL’s Standard Operating Procedures generating product within established guidelines for feet per hour, waste and quality thresholds.
- Assisting the press operator in the setup, operation and changeover of a large printing press.
- Performing preventive maintenance on the press and all ancillary equipment.
- Staging upcoming print jobs, maintaining a clean press and surrounding work environment, ensuring adequate material is available when needed.
- Learning proper press operating procedures through observation, assisting the lead press operator, and hands on operation of the press.
- Involves moderately diverse and varied activities or functions requiring the planning and coordination with the work of others.
- Press operators are required to learn and successfully perform duties included in the Press Operator Introductory Training manual within 90 days of hire.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or its equivalent. Experience generally required for the position is 6 months to 2 years of press operation. However, CCL is willing to train.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Possess basic computer skills allowing for accurate record keeping.
- Ability and willingness to observe and learn the safe and efficient operation of a printing press.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Possess integrity, communication and reasoning skill.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.