|Pre-Press Technician||Apply Now||Full-time|
|Sioux Falls, SD||Posted: 03/14/21|
- Prepare files for printing, by assigning correct color names and color rotation.
- Trapping colors to print standards for flexographic, silk screen and gravure print processes
- setting screen angles and line screen based on technical and job-docket information in Adobe Illustrator using Esko plugins.
- Color correct images if needed using Adobe Photoshop.
- Pre-Distort art for shrink sleeve files.
- Create hard copy proofs using Epson inkjet printers, as well as pdf proofs, for customer approval.
- Proofread files prepared by Prepress Technicians.
- Step and Repeat one-up files using Automation Engine ensuring final stepped file matches job-docket information.
- Work directly with clients and reprographic companies to ensure final files are correct.
- Support in identifying process deficiencies and focus on defect prevention.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Proficient with relevant software programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask in tight deadline driven position
- Ability to problem solve to effectively make files print ready
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both within a team and by oneself
- Experience with Esko software desired
- Knowledge of trapping and separating files preferred
- Knowledge of printing processes (Flexography, Rotogravure, Silk Screen) preferred.
- Know how to troubleshoot color matching problems on press
- Support production floor and technical services on print trials and press proofs.
- Understand the How and Why of Fingerprinting.
- In depth knowledge of Color Management
- Desire for ongoing learning / training
- Willingness to prepare and conduct training for other team members
- Reach out to Graphics departments of other CCL facilities to benchmark and learn.
- Reach out to trade schools / trade organizations and universities to promote working for CCL and have ongoing access to future talent
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.